|Marcy, Wilson, & Kim showing off our knit wear.|
What's in our Lesson Plan?
- On the PA system
- After the Finish Line
- Show & Tell
- Stitches West
- What's on our Blackboard?
On the PA System
- Marcy was contacted by Cynthia (cbartz on Ravelry,) about a new platform that will connect designers and test knitters. Fiberly launches on April 12th, 2019, go check it out!
- Marcy talked about a new and innovative program from Pixar: SparkShorts. You can watch the Purl video on YouTube.
- World Wide Knit in Public Day (WWKIP) is coming up on Saturday, June 8th. We'll keep you posted on any plans that we make.
After the Finish Line
- her hand knit socks
- her Gilead linen top
- her Waiting for Rain shawl
- her Ravello pullover, and
- her Veronika pullover
- her Tecumseh pullover(from ep. 63.)
- her 2018 Project Peace Cowl (from ep. 62 & 63,)
- her Camaro pullover (from ep. 51,)
- her Sandshore Cardigan (from ep. 51,)
- her Gabrielle pullover (from ep. 44.)
|Marcy showing off the back of her Gabrielle pullover where|
she has problems with the design, what do you think,
is it funky fitting, or is she just seeing things?
Show & Tell
Kim shared her progress on her FOFIF (Finish or Frog it February,) and you can read all about it on her project page. Her new Fo's include her Advent Mkal shawl from Forbidden fiber Co. and her hand dyed self striping socks. Also, she made a magic ball from the leftover advent yarn and held it along with some mohair and knit a Red Hat by Elisa Holt.
Some of the women in Kim's knitting group wanted to expand their brioche skills and she taught a little class using the Briochemistry hat by Katrin Schubert. Such a great hat to learn brioche increases and decreases! After a month of FOFIF, Kim had major castonitis and she co:
- A Comfort Fade Cardi by Andrea Mowry using her hand dyed yarn held double.
- A Like a cloud cardigan by Joji Locatelli using some Shibui Cima from her stash and some Desert Blooms mohair/silk yarn that she bought at SW.
- She also co a 2nd Biochemistry hat using some of her favorite yarn, Cascade Venezia.
Marcy finished her gorgeous Zweig pullover by Caitlin Hunter. She made several mods that you can read about on her project page. She also used some SW yarn and knit her son Wilson (you'll hear him talk about his hat on the podcast!) a rainbow hat using the pattern In a Snap: Beanie by Caitlin Griffin.
|Wilson sporting his Rainbow hat on our camping trip.|
|Marcy showing off her Zweig with her changes she did on the cuff.|
Marcy is currently working on the summery pullover, Donner, by Elizabeth Doherty. This is a well designed and constructed top that has caused a few howlers when Marcy was tired and knitting in the evenings. She is using KnitPicks Lindy Chain for this cute top.
In our last episode, Marcy and Kim talked about their plan for buying (or not buying!) yarn at SW. How did they do? Kim tells us that she didn't buy any single skeins of yarn, only yarn for sweaters.
Marcy also did well and stuck by her plan. She is happy with her purchases and feels good about her restraint.
We'll both share our SW purchases as we knit with the yarn.
What's on our Black Board?
We aren't sure! We know we'll be back in a few weeks and I'm certain that we'll have new Fo's and Co's to share with all of you.
Thank you for joining us! We hope that your knitting and making are going splendidly. Happy knitting!