|Marcy and Kim after recording. Marcy is holding the adorable |
stuffed bear for her and holding the Das Monster pants for her
little boy. Kim is wearing her finished handspun sweater.
What's in our Lesson Plan?
|Marcy and her baby |
bump at 31 Weeks!
- Stitches West Fieldtrip notes
- What's on our Black Board?
- Happy International Women's Day everyone! Here is the article that Marcy mentioned about Iceland's 'Day without a Woman'.
- March is #trypod month. The intent is that you will "try podcasts" and also, hopefully share podcasts with those that don't listen to a/o watch them. Go ahead and tell your family, friends, neighbors and co-workers about some of your favorite podcasts and help them with the technology, if needed.
- You can find all Stiches West information here, as well as the information for all of the other Stitches events held around the country this year.
- You might like to try "WIP Wednesday" or "Finishing Friday" as a way of finishing up more of your WIP's.
Show and Tell
|Monster Pants for Wilson.|
Kim finished the Party on my Needles shawl by Joji Locatelli for her mom. This is a fun and easy shawl pattern and would be perfect for the 1st time shawl knitter.
Also...Kim finished her hand spun sweater!!! This is the #legacysweaterspin on Instagram and there's also a Ravelry thread here. She dyed the fiber, spun the yarn and then knit the Art Walk Cardi by Hannah Fettig from the Texture book that Kim won from the lovely Grocery Girl's video podcast. You can read all about this dye/spin/knit a sweater along project on Kim's project page, here.
***Kim talks about 3 spinning video podcasts that she's been enjoying:
- Wool and Spinning by Rachel Smith
- Snappy Stitches by Chrissy Graham
- Tiny fibre Studios by Becks. She is hosting a "sample along," this year. I'm very excited to participate in this spinning adventure where we will be spinning in a different manner (short, forward draw, for example,) each month and keeping thorough notes about our spin and the results that we are achieving.
Stitches West-Fieldtrip Notes
- What we wore at Stitches: Marcy wore her True sweater by Joji Locatelli and her City Cape by Purl Soho. Kim wore her Whispers top by Veera Valimaki, her Summer Insouciant by Julie Hoover and her Find You Fade shawl by Andrea Mowry.
- Tools purchased from SW: Kim bought some great tools that she's really enjoying. Signature Needles, a Mama Bear Swift n Count by the Oregon Wood Worker and a finger counter by Clover.
- Acquisitions: Marcy bought a bear for her baby girl from the Ranch of the Oaks booth. Marcy and her mom spent a lot of time looking for the perfect yarn for the baby blanket her mom Terry is going to make for the new grand baby. They found the perfect yellow to add from Cedar House Yarns Sapling Sock in the Yellow Bell Colorway. They also found the perfect blue green color to add to the blanket from Magpie Fibers - Swanky Sock in the Mermaid's Garden Colorway. The blanket that her mom Terry is going to make is the Flyaway Blanket by Tin Can Knits, but the version that she is going to make is from from Ravelry user Undone57 her project called Prism.
skein of Anzula, some Habu (I''ll talk about more of the specifics when I knit with them,) some
Biscotte self striping sock yarn and some Yarn Love.
- Stitches Inspiration: Kim fell in love with the Floriston cardigan (for the 2nd year in a row!) by Elizabeth Doherty and she declared that she will knit it this year and wear it to SW in 2018!
|Marcy's mom Terry showing off|
Hillary by Coco Knits, doesn't she look good!
- Fashion show and dinner: Marcy and her Mom attended the fashion show and dinner on Friday night and really enjoyed it. The two garments Marcy talks about that caught her eye at the fashion show are from Knitter's Magazine Sprint 2016, the chevron top and kited skirt is called Seafoam and Coral by Laura Bryant. Marcy's mom purchased yarn to knit the top.
- Podcaster meet up: We both really enjoyed meeting and mingling at the podcaster meet up on Saturday afternoon. The 2 Knit Lit Chicks (Barb and Tracie,) The Yarniacs (Gayle and Sharlene,) and The Two Ewes (Marsha and Kelly) were all there and so many more fun and wonderful knitters! We had a great time.
Julie, Kelly, Marcy, Marsha, Barb, and Tracy
What's on our Black Board?
In our next episode we'll hear all about Kim's field trip notes from a knitting retreat in Portland. We'll also talk about our WIP's and Fo's.
Have a wonderful couple of weeks everybody! Happy knitting.