Please feel free to use these questions with your spouse, significant other, parents, children, friends, etc... any Muggles(non knitters,) that have spent significant time with you and really could (should?) have absorbed some knitting/fiber arts knowledge & jargon along the way. If you do use the interview questions, please email us here or DM us on Ravelry or Instagram and let us know how it went! Have fun and let's make more knitters!!!
|Well, evidently Kim's DH, John|
Smith, has declined to be in the
photo and he's asked Major Chip
Hazard (from the wonderful 1998
film, Small Soldiers,) to step in for
|Who are you and where's my husband?|
Here is the list of questions:
- Introduce yourself. What do you do and what are your hobbies?
- What is your favorite thing that I’ve ever knit for you?
- What is your favorite thing that I’ve ever knit in general?
- How long have I been a)crafting, b) crocheting, c) knitting, d)weaving, e) spinning?
- Would you go to a fiber festival with me?
- Does it bother you when I go to an Lys (and take you with me,) when we travel?
- What is the coolest that you’ve learned from my knitting addiction?
- Have you ever wanted to learn to knit?
- Does it bother when I buy yarn?
- What do you think about me podcasting? Did it surprise you that I wanted to?
- Can you name the different weights/types of yarn?
- Can you name any yarn companies or Indie Dyers that I talk about?
- How much does the average skein of yarn cost? How about Indie dyed yarn?
- If I asked you to buy yarn for me, what would you do?
- How much yarn do you think I buy per year (#of skeins.)
- Do you considered me obsessed with knitting and the fiber arts?
- Do you know what these abbreviations stand for? A) FO b)UFO c)WIP D)HO e)BFL f)MCN g) Lys
- Do you know what these words mean? A) tink b)Frog
- Can you name any knitting/fiber events that I attend?
- What would you most like me to knit for you?
- Can you think of another use for knitting needles?
- Do you think I’m a product or process knitter?
- Do you think I need more stash? Do I have too little, enough or too much?
- Do you think I’ll ever run out of yarn?
- How does knitting/fiber arts help me?
- Can you explain the difference between knitting, crochet, spinning and weaving?
- How do you explain me being a knitter, crocheted, spinner, Weaver, Dyer to other people?
- What is something you wish I did as much as I knit?
- If I died tomorrow what would you do with my yarn?
- Does it embarrass you when I knit in public?
- Does anyone ever talk to you about my knitting when I’m not around? If so, what do the say?
- What do I knit the most of?
- What is my crafting skill level? 1-5
- Have you ever listened to our podcast?
- Can you name a podcast that I watch or listen to?
- Do I need to go on a fiber diet?
- How do you feel about my recent purchase of a fleece and washing and processing the wool?
- Would you wear a sweater vest if I knit one for you?
- What would you guess that my stash is worth
Thank you for joining us! We hope that your making is going splendidly and we'll see you again in a few weeks!