|Introducing Miss Pippa! Isn't she adorable and perfect?|
Marcy, this is your best FO of 2017!
What's in our Lesson Plan?
|Marcy at 39 Weeks!|
- On the PA system
- Show and Tell
- We are Uber Crafty
- What's on our Black Board?
On the PA System
- Stash Dash 2017 begins on Friday, May 26th. This event, which is hosted by the KnitGirllls video podcast is a fun way to finish up some WIP's and use up stash. You can read about all of the details in the Knitgirll's Ravelry group.
- We are going to co-host a Summer of Stripes CAL (craft along,) with a group of other video and audio podcasts.
Show and Tell
1st and foremost, Marcy got to "Show and Tell" beautiful little Pippa! This little bundle of preciousness was born 1 week early and her Mama was ready. They are both doing really well and Pippa is sleeping like a pro (not like a baby!)
|Pippa sporting her cute Big Bow hat that I made her.|
|Pippa & Wilson, he love's his little sister.|
|Pippa at 3 Weeks old!|
Next, Marcy shared her almost finished Sakasama Jacket by Olga Buraya-Kefelian. She is using Habu Textiles N-35 viscose sizing and it's looking great. Last month Marcy finished her Sandshore sweater by Alicia Plummer and she very kindly gifted it to her Mom for Mother's Day. It looks fantastic on her Mom and I'm sure she'll wear it all the time.
Kim is playing to win Stash Dash this year! By win, she means finish...because she's never finished it before. She has 3 sweaters on deck with a little bit of knitting left until they are finished and then they will all count towards SD '17.
|From left to right: Twigs and Willows, So Faded and Veronika|
- The Twigs and Willows cardigan by Alana Dakos. This cute cardi only needs to have the button bands knit and buttons sewn on and it'll be all ready for Fall.
- Veronika by CocoKnits. This poncho-esque sweater needs a neck band, the ends woven in and a bath and then the meterage will count for SD.
- A new CO that flew off the needles, So Faded by Andrea Mowry. Kim used 3 skeins of her hand dyed yarn and knit the cropped short sleeved version. She made several mods and they're all listed on her project page. This is such a fun, quick and easy knit that she wants to make another and she encourages you to knit one too! Partial skeins work beautifully and you can really play with color and striping.
Kim and Marcy are going to do an informal KAL with Cullum which is a cute little summer tee by Isabel Kraemer. They plan on casting on sometime this week and will tell you all about it in episode 31.
We are Uber Crafty
Marcy and her Mom spent several weeks before Pippa was born prepping the kid's rooms. Wilson is moving into his big boy room and Pippa is moving into the nursery. Marcy found lots of cute fabric on Spoonflower and also great ideas from Pinterest. They painted furniture, covered bulletin boards, and made many adorable decor items for both rooms.
|Foot paintings on the wall and the valance.|
|Painted dressers, push pin board, and valance.|
|Pippa at 1.5 weeks old.|
|Bed spread Marcy & her mom made.|
What's on our Black Board?
Well, we really don't know! Kim's trip that she talked about in the last episode was canceled due to her Aunt Dorene's illness and death. She was such a lovely woman and will be missed. We hosted a Celebration of Life. In ep. 31 we may have a field trip...or we might be in the classroom. We can promise you that there will be knitting and cute babies!
Have a wonderful couple of weeks, thanks for joining us and Happy Knitting!