- On the PA System
- After the finish line
- Show & Tell
- Fieldtrip notes: Marcy visits Auburn Needleworks
- What's on our Blackboard?
On the PA System
- The 'Octopus for a Preemie' project is continuing. Marcy has figured out how to attach all of the useful Pdf's on our blog tab and you can find all information there. Keep crocheting!
- Just a heads up that this is a perfect time to start thinking and planning for any 2018 goals/themes. In our last ep of 2017 we'll talk about how we did with our year long goals and in the 1st ep of 2018 we'll share our new goals/themes for the year.
- Check out your area to see if there are any Guilds that you might be interested in joining. Kim has joined the Sacramento Weavers and Spinners Guild and is planning on joining the Sacramento Knitting Guild. If there are no guilds in your area you can start one! Also, these groups usually have amazing yearly open houses and sales; this is a great opportunity to purchase beautiful items at a great price.
After the Finish Line
This is a new segment where we talk about the knitwear that we've worn since the last podcast. Marcy wore her Om Shawl by Andrea Mowry for the 1st time and she loved wearing it and got many compliments. Marcy's 3 year old son Wilson has been wearing his monster pants a lot. Marcy is planning on adding some length so that he can wear them even longer.
Kim was so happy to wear her Twigs and Willows cardigan by Alana Dakos on Thanksgiving Day. She finished this last Spring and did a research paper on the show about the special button bands and button holes. You can find that in ep. 32. She's also been wearing her Veronika by Cocoknits and her Drachenfels shawl by Melanie Berg. As soon as the weather cools down she is always wearing and enjoying her hand knit socks.
Show & Tell
Kim was wearing her new finished socks while recording. The crazy Zauber socks were a total product knit and the process was filled with howlers! Read about them on her project page.
Kim is totally color work obsessed at the moment. She is almost done (and is in sleeve hell!) with her Sunset Highway pullover by Caitlin Hunter. Such a lovely knit and it'll be a joy to wear.
She also has the Lady's Flea cardigan, aka Damejakka Loppa by Pinnegurri, on the needles and this fair isle cardigan will be steeked and Kim plans on installing a zipper. Finally, the Zweig pullover by Caitlin Hunter is on deck and will be CO after recording.
Marcy and Kim (and it seems like most of the knitting community too!) have had major startitis/castonitit/startosis lately! We want to CO and knit ALL THE THINGS! It's fun, but we only have 2 hands. When Marcy visited Auburn Needleworks she found some yarn to knit Pippa a little dress for Thanksgiving. The Kraemer Perfection Worsted yarn was perfect for this sweet little sleeveless dress. Pattern is Baby Frock by Hannah Fettig and it fits Pippa perfectly!
|The start of Pippa's stocking!|
|Project Peace 2017|
Marcy's mom, Pansy2horses, knit Marcy an adorable tea cozy. It's a beautiful green color and she embroidered a cute little chick on it. Marcy has been wanting a tea cozy and now she's using it everyday. Kim has knit and felted 5 tea cozies and she loves them and uses this one everyday.
|Kim, Marcy, & Pippa|
Marcy sat down with Kim, one of the owners of the shop and had a lovely interview, enjoy!
|Views of the shop, the one on the left is from the front door looking in,|
the one on the right is looking back at the front door.
|Both gathering spaces in the yarn shop, one in the front of the shop|
and one in the back of the shop.
|Look at all those beautiful colors!|
|The back part of the shop is dedicated to needle point.|
What's on our Black Board?
When we next record we'll share ALL of our new CO's (there may be 100's!) WIP's and FO's. There will also be spinning, dyeing and Christmas crafting. Thank you for knitting along with us today and we hope you have a wonderful couple of weeks. Happy Knitting!