Hello Dear Knitters and welcome to our 61st podcast! It is December and the Holiday season and hopefully (if you live in the Northern Hemisphere,) it is cold where you live and you are able to enjoy wearing your cozy and warm knitwear! We've got some great PA System announcements and lots of fun field trip news for you today. Grab your knitting, get a warm (possibly bracing : )beverage and join us.
|Marcy and Kim are admiring all of Marcy's beautiful new stash|
that she got on her fiber field trips.
What's in our Lesson Plan?
- On the PA System
- Marcy's Fiber Filled Fieldtrips
- What's on our Black Board?
On the PA System
- Heart Strings Yarn, the Lys in Chico, CA, has set up a donation fund on their site to help all of the makers from Paradise and the local environs who lost everything in the devastating Camp Fire last month. You can donate $$$ or mail them yarn, needles, notions, etc... to help the knitters who are getting back on their feet after the fire. All info can be found on their site. Thanks to @carpeyarn on Instagram for sharing this post.
- Also, we received an email about another great philanthropic opportunity. Yarn Canada has partnered with Bernat Yarn and Patons Yarn to give 12 individuals and groups $2,000 worth of yarn to use towards their good works. The application and all information can be found on their site.
Marcy has had a wonderful couple of months visiting fiber festivals and fairs. She attended Lamb Town in Dixon Ca in early October and she had a great time. She added a few beautiful items to her stash:
- Lani's Lana Fine sport Rambouillet wool and she is planning to knit a Weekender pullover by Andrea Mowry with it. She also mentioned that you can buy wool fabric made localy from here wool. The fabric is made in the Sacramento area at a mill called Huston Textiles. Marcy and Kim want to go take a tour of the facility, they offer them on their website. You can buy the fabric online from Lani's Lana if your interested in purchasing some its so lovely.
- End of Bolt yarn which is also Rambouillet wool.
- Stitchsisterz 6 ply Mongolian Cashmere where she got to catch up with Bonnie Riley.
She also attended the brand new Stitches SoCal in Pasadena Ca. She found some gorgeous yarn to take home there as well:
- Leading Men Fiber Arts spotlight yarn.
- Fiber Lady BaaBoo and she is planning on knitting Poet by sari Nordlund from the new Laine magazine.
- Forbidden Fiber Co fortitude yarn and she is going to make the Emmanuelle sweater by Mercedes Tarasovich. She also found some fun neon minis.
- Stunning String Studio Serenity yarn and she is planning on knitting the Zweig pullover by Caitlin Hunter.
What's on our Black Board?
In episode 62 Marcy and Kim will share all of their new cast ons, wipes and fo's. We'll also dust off the goals that we set in January and see how we've done.
Thank you for joining us! Happy knitting.