|Marcy is holding her Gilead top and|
Kim is holding her Zinone.
|After recording silliness!|
What's in our Lesson Plan?
- On the PA System
- After the finish line
- Show & Tell
- We are Uber Crafty
- What's on our Black Board?
On the PA System
- The video podcast interviewed the founders of Ravelry and it's a great episode. Go take a look!
- Kim found a You Tube video that addresses the "ears" on the edges of the kitchener stitch bind off on socks. She tried it and the new method works beautifully.
- Marcy and Kim had a fun time on WWKIP day (World Wide Knit in Public Day,) and they'd like to thank the lovely women that showed up. You can search for any event (or practically anything or anyone at all!) by searching for #_______ in your browser on your computer. If you'd like to see pictures or get more info about WWKIP you can try that. Also, go to Instagram and search.
- Join in our sock KAL which runs 6/9-7/9. Any progress on any sock of any size counts and wips are ok too! It's all happening on our Rav group. In addition, Kim is adding a list of other podcasts that are running sock KAL's right now so that you can double, triple, etc... dip.
- Stash Dash has started! Read all about it here.
- You can visit the website here about the Aberdeen Wool Company that Marcy talked about, if you want to see her interview and read the news article about what she went through you can do so here.
After the Finish Line
Kim wore some hand knit socks and her Pogona Shawl while traveling in Europe. She also finished her Tegna sweater by Caitlin Hunter.
Marcy wore her Sakasama Jacket and you can hear more about that in ep. 31. She wore her Nesoi Tee (ep. 11,) her P-Rex Cape, her Gretel top and her Striped Cowl Neck Tee.
Show & Tell
Kim was VERY excited to find her Breathing Space pullover after it had been missing since May, 2017. She finished her Tegna pullover on May 4th and she loves it. Her main knitting project while traveling was a pair of socks. The yarn is from Whitebirch and they're self stripping, gorgeous and finished.
Kim is currently working on her Zinone top by Andi Satterlund. The yarn she is using is KnitPicks Lindy Chain in the Bluebell color. She is also finally finishing the Afterthought Everything socks that she started on 7/9/17.
Marcy has finished an adorable baby top for Pippa called the In Threes: a baby cardigan by Kelly Herdrich. She used a discontinued Cascade yarn. She combined two patterns together and all the information is on her project page. She has a new CO, the beautiful Gilead by Leila Raabe and she is using Lindy Chain for her top as well and she loves it.
|Pippa in here cute new cardigan.|
For our Sock KAL, Marcy is knitting the "Keep Them on Their Toes,' ballet socks.
***Marcy mentions the Magic Knot that she has been using to join her yarns for all of her projects recently. Here is the You Tube video.
We are Uber Crafty
Marcy made Needle Keepers for the knitters that came to the WWKIP event. You can find the directions on The Nome Knitters blog.
Kim has lots of spinning and weaving to share and she will do that in our next ep!
|Kim and her husband touring the Ostia Antica in|
What's on our Black Board?
We will share more of what we have been working on.
Thank you for joining us! Happy knitting everyone.